On an off note, @Earl Marshal, are you going to watch the Super Bowl?
Yes I will be watching it. Unfortunately, I'm expecting the Patriots will win it, but hopefully it will be a close game regardless of the outcome. If it becomes a blowout though I'll probably tune out after halftime. I have no clue how good the halftime show or the commercials will be this year.
Anyway, how about you?

Yeah, I'm watching it, too, and expecting the Pats to win, and I hope it's a close one...

My prediction, BTW, is Patriots 31, Eagles 27...

L'Aiglon will unfortunately be on missing persons watch for some time, mostly until I decide where I want to go with him, but one of his "relatives" will become King of the Belgians in the meantime.
There is no way a Bonaparte be allowed on that throne, but if you say relative with "", I suppose that's still related somewhat. The most obvious relative would be Prince Achille Murat, son of Caroline Bonaparte and therefore a cousin of Napoléon II. Plus, just reading his wiki page, I see he was actually fighting in the Belgian Independence War on the side of the rebels.

There is no way a Bonaparte be allowed on that throne, but if you say relative with "", I suppose that's still related somewhat. The most obvious relative would be Prince Achille Murat, son of Caroline Bonaparte and therefore a cousin of Napoléon II. Plus, just reading his wiki page, I see he was actually fighting in the Belgian Independence War on the side of the rebels.
Spoilers: I was going to have Auguste de Beauharnais selected as King of Belgium. Technically he is Napoleon II's nephew considering Eugene de Beauharnais, Auguste's father, was adopted by Napoleon in 1806 making him Napoleon II's step brother. In truth there isn't a much of a familial relationship between Auguste and Napoleon II, if any at all, but he was one of the finalists in the OTL election and without Leopold to jump in at the last moment he has a relatively good chance of securing the Belgian crown ITTL.

Quick update for everyone.

I do have a new part in the works covering the Belgian Revolution and it is quite long at roughly 11 pages or roughly 5,000 words. Most likely I'll break that into two smaller parts as I have for other tangents in this timeline, like the Russo-Turkish War.

However, the main hold up for the next part is a new piece of information that has come to my attention recently regarding French Foreign Policy under the July Monarchy. Initially, I was going to have Auguste de Beauharnais become King of Belgium after the Belgian Revolution, but a cursory review of this source makes it clear Louis Philippe and the July Monarchy would never tolerate this result and would act against it. In fact, as part of his agreement with the Powers, Louise Philippe agreed to refuse the Belgian crown for his son, Prince Louis, if the other Powers would refuse to acknowledge Auguste de Beauharnais as King of Belgium had he won.

As a result, I have had to rewrite a decent chunk of this part, but I should have it ready for tomorrow hopefully with the new candidate for the Belgian crown. To be fair though, the person I have in mind was going to become King of Belgium at a later date ITTL, now he will become King a little sooner than originally anticipated.

Not quite. Napoleon II will have some role to play in Belgium, just not yet.

The figure I have in mind was another OTL candidate, although he was further down the line of prospective Kings.

Damn. Sorry about the Napoleon spam. Ol' Boney is my fave monarch of all time and even his descendants get me excited.

Maybe Charles-Louis of Austria-Teschen or Charles-Ferdinand de Bourbon-Siciles ?
Archduke Charles faces the same problems as the Duke of Nemours, namely he is a prince of a powerful country, that would be effectively dominate Belgium. Also I don't believe Metternich would allow him to accept it given his stance towards all revolutions. I actually have a quote from King Louise Philippe on this very matter.
"It is believed that the Belgians would be willing to ask for one of my sons, but this idea must be rejected, and do not even discuss it, since in the current state of Europe, this discussion would be dangerous and present no chance of success. The same can be said of all the archdukes of Austria.
Basically, if Louis Philippe's sons were ineligible then the Archdukes of Austria should be as well.

Technically, Charles Ferdinand was Louise Philippe's preferred candidate for the Belgian Crown in OTL, but I'm not sure how viable he would be for the other powers considering the political landscape of the time.

Damn. Sorry about the Napoleon spam. Ol' Boney is my fave monarch of all time and even his descendants get me excited.
That's quite alright, I do have great plans for L'Aiglon that include Belgium, just not as its king.

Technically, Charles Ferdinand was Louise Philippe's preferred candidate for the Belgian Crown in OTL, but I'm not sure how viable he would be for the other powers considering the political landscape of the time.

The problem is that we could say the same for the others candidates, in any case i'm curious to see what candidate will be crowned.