Hensonverse Speculation and Commentary

McCain’s VP that’s harder
Here are some from American History USA’s the Campaign Trail.
F28C3DA8-E914-4F98-A77D-F7CE2CAD5267.jpeg

0B59D80B-B0F4-42FF-939A-519F355211CC.jpeg

0504A922-EFFD-45F3-B752-136BEBA92D45.jpeg

Should The Scouring of the Shire be a part of this adaption, do you think?
Hard to say really.

On one hand it would be great for the environment message on the other it's not necessary for the plot and is kinda a downer after all our heroes been through.
But who will be reform’s candidate, how will they be the spoiler?
Reform is really going to make predicting nominees harder. Their hotpot approach to politics means that technically almost everyone could run for them as long as they dislike the current administration and NAFTA, so it's entirely possible that some of the nominees we predict for both the Democrats and Republicans could decide to run under the banner of the skunk.
Although I guess that currently their presidential candidate would be Perot.

Personally I think McCain would be a safe choice for the Republicans and is the most likely.

Clinton would have the personality for it sure, but his blase attitude towards flirting would not fly with many progressive voters post meetoo.

Reform is really going to make predicting nominees harder. Their hotpot approach to politics means that technically almost everyone could run for them as long as they dislike the current administration and NAFTA, so it's entirely possible that some of the nominees we predict for both the Democrats and Republicans could decide to run under the banner of the skunk.
Although I guess that currently their presidential candidate would be Perot.

Personally I think McCain would be a safe choice for the Republicans and is the most likely.

Clinton would have the personality for it sure, but his blase attitude towards flirting would not fly with many progressive voters post meetoo.
I think for 96, Perot yes but in 2000 my gut says Ventura. He has a chaotic energy and he likely hasn’t pissed people off in the same way he pissed people off in our world. Yes Perot could run in 2000 but if he loses twice folks will as if he is a good candidate. I mean yes Perot could run a third time but like Adlai Stevenson II he will likely face strong opposition in the party to him running.

As for Minnesota politics, not sure if Norm Coleman runs for the governor’s office in 1998, but I can see he does, but not sure if he wins.

Though I can see him being a single term governor if he does.

I think for 96, Perot yes but in 2000 my gut says Ventura. He has a chaotic energy and he likely hasn’t pissed people off in the same way he pissed people off in our world. Yes Perot could run in 2000 but if he loses twice folks will as if he is a good candidate. I mean yes Perot could run a third time but like Adlai Stevenson II he will likely face strong opposition in the party to him running.
I also say Ventura for 2000. Maybe with Steve Kubby as a running mate?

Assuming the NHL draft, if they have one, works similar to other drafts has anyone wondered how the Anaheim Avengers inaugural season will affect the draft?
With a W-L-T of 38-41-10 (86 points)[2] they set a record for most wins in an inaugural season for an expansion team and ranked 7th in the Western Conference, securing a playoff berth.
There were 5 OT ties and 5 OT losses in the Ducks first season, so those ties became wins and the losses became ties in this timeline.
These alterations to the Avengers record will also affect the records of other teams:
New York Islanders: 35-36-13
Boston Bruins: 42-30-12
Calgary Flames: 42-30-12
San Jose Sharks: 32-36-17
Dallas Stars: 41-29-14
Toronto Maple Leafs: 43-30-12
Detroit Red Wings: 46-31-7
Pittsburgh Penguin: 44-28-12
Edmonton Oilers: 25-46-13

Well when Jesse Ran in 1998 He was heavily watched by the National and international press for a governor of large but not the largest, midwestern state. I don’t think Jesse can win but he can either make one candidate lose. He will be similar to Trump in 2016 and 2020 but more style than in substance.

Jesse was not against gay rights. Jesse would bring in his conspiracy talk to the forefront especially with some scandals I got cooking.

I wonder if it's possible 9/11 could still happen, it's very possible Gore manages to give Bin Laden the ol' fashioned drone strike in '98, but it's important to remember Bin Laden wasn't the only sole orchestrator of the attacks.

Maybe a terrorist attack happens earlier? Maybe during the turn of the New Millennium?

According to National Security Advisor of the Clinton administration, Sandy Berger, terrorist cells had been disrupted in "eight countries" in the weeks before New Year's Eve, which was said to have "almost certainly" prevented additional attacks. The man behind the LAX plot, Ahmed Ressam, claimed there had been plans by other terrorist cells of millennium attacks "in Europe, in the Gulf, against U.S. and Israel." Major security operations were launched to improve security for the millennium celebrations in Times Square, New York,

Maybe a terrorist attack happens earlier? Maybe during the turn of the New Millennium?
I think it's a lost cause to discuss 9/11 when Geekhis or some other guest poster hasn't posted any hints about this incident happening ever since the late 80s or early 90s. We know more of Aum Shinrikyo's atrocities than anything from Al-Qaeda, which could actually serve as the defining terrorist crisis of the decade instead of the World Trade Center bombings.

it's very possible Gore manages to give Bin Laden the ol' fashioned drone strike in '98
Why? Did he do something to deserve being drone struck in 1998 or earlier?

The one terrorist attack I see not happening is the Oklahoma City bombing because the stated reasons for that have been either butterflied away or altered (Ruby Ridge and Waco).

Why? Did he do something to deserve being drone struck in 1998 or earlier?

The one terrorist attack I see not happening is the Oklahoma City bombing because the stated reasons for that have been either butterflied away or altered (Ruby Ridge and Waco).
Maybe Mcveigh gets arrested for something.

Maybe Mcveigh gets arrested for something.
Not likely, like I said McVeigh claims the events at Ruby Ridge (which don't happen ITTL) and Waco (which had a different stated cause) where the reasons for the federal building bombing in Oklahoma City. So either Nichols and McVeigh either have to find other reasons for the bombing or plan a different attack.

Not likely, like I said McVeigh claims the events at Ruby Ridge (which don't happen ITTL) and Waco (which had a different stated cause) where the reasons for the federal building bombing in Oklahoma City. So either Nichols and McVeigh either have to find other reasons for the bombing or plan a different attack.
Or plan something else.

I wonder if American Psycho will be made ITTL
I would say yes eventually, however no idea who could be casted and when.
I wonder if it's possible 9/11 could still happen, it's very possible Gore manages to give Bin Laden the ol' fashioned drone strike in '98, but it's important to remember Bin Laden wasn't the only sole orchestrator of the attacks.
Honestly Islamic terrorism is such a complicated topic that trying to predict anything about it is going to be impossible.