The Prince of the Roses - A Tudor TL

Her letters to her father showed her great distress: “There is barely a scrap of silk or damask remaining and of silver I can find nothing of value. The dowager seemed to have taken all riches in all of Savoy and I am left with nothing. I fear that this court shall be the poorest in Christendom and I am to be the duchess of paupers, mocked by all.”
Beatriz just stealing all shinies and fucking straight off to Bavaria while giving Philippe the middle fingers was hilarious to write and I credit @DrakeRlugia for that idea. And who knows, perhaps we won't be a widow for much longer of the last part is something to go on. 😉
I love that it’s just canon now that Beatriz will rinse out your castle if you cross her. We stan a hoarding queen

Also, I sense Beatriz marrying Sforza. That should cause a suitable amount of headaches

Just a small nitpick - I don't know if it's just me, but I start to have difficulty reading a paragraph when it stretches to seventeen lines (on pc). I start to have to highlight each line to keep track of it.

I meant a headache for all of Europe heh
Otl she was ambitious, beautiful and haughty, but she was hardly a menace. Nothing in her character seemed to be evil or something, so Francisco could do far worse. She might need somewhat of a bite to her to survive.
Just a small nitpick - I don't know if it's just me, but I start to have difficulty reading a paragraph when it stretches to seventeen lines (on pc). I start to have to highlight each line to keep track of it.
Ah okay. Sorry. I am trying to space the paragraphs as much as I can. Hope you like it regardless.
Beatriz: these are my shiny things now.
Lmao yes. Poor Marie de Guise got far less than she expected when she arrived at the castle. Kind of surprised that no one has commented on her becoming Duchess of Savoy yet.

Last edited:
It's a good match for her. Hopefully, she'll get some new shiny things for the castle and adapt to life in Italy.
Yes and the Guise family extends their influence further into France and Northern Italy. James V of Scotland have to seek another bride thou.

Maybe Isabella of Navarre or Mary of Bourbon? Both were considered for him OTL.
Those would be very good and work as French proxies. Isabella is closest in age to him, but she's very much a pauper. Mary is the daughter of a ruling Duke in France and she was OTL considered for him. I imagine that Madeleine will still be frail otl, so perhaps the other two will be sturdier brides. I sort of have a match planned for Isabella already, but I haven't decided on it yet.

I do have Francis's second wife coming in the next few chapters as well thou.

Those would be very good and work as French proxies. Isabella is closest in age to him, but she's very much a pauper. Mary is the daughter of a ruling Duke in France and she was OTL considered for him. I imagine that Madeleine will still be frail otl, so perhaps the other two will be sturdier brides. I sort of have a match planned for Isabella already, but I haven't decided on it yet.

I do have Francis's second wife coming in the next few chapters as well thou.
Apparently, James was going to marry Mary of Bourbon, then saw Madeleine and basically became Emperor Kuzco and declared that Madeleine was the "hotty hot hotty" and wanted her instead. So if Madeline is not there at the time, Mary of Bourbon it will be.