A New Beginning - Our 1992 Russian Federation

I was mostly talking about the opposite in that China might demand for us to hold their back when they start to act aggressively and such. Having China as an ally is good until they decide to poke the Eagle and start an international incident.
Then we have all the cards on our hands and they have none. Why would this be a issue?

Look at what it's happening on the world right now. Russia would've already been defeated if not for China. India would've never given us such direct support against the West, their motto is to lay low and keep their head on the subcontinent issues.

If China acts too callously for our own taste, we disengage and refuse to give them support on that specific crisis.

If China faces the US and wins, we can always turn around and start talks with the US and Japan with the goal of containing China.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'd rather not completely support/help China's eventual aggressive foreign and economic policy since that'll lead to more problems...

I was mostly talking about the opposite in that China might demand for us to hold their back when they start to act aggressively and such. Having China as an ally is good until they decide to poke the Eagle and start an international incident.
In fact, a more aggressive and militarized China like OTL will benefit us, the US will eventually realize that China is by far its biggest adversary and focus mainly on the Asia-Pacific region, leaving Europe mostly alone, and we can act as mediators between China and the West

Look at what it's happening on the world right now. Russia would've already been defeated if not for China. India would've never given us such direct support against the West, their motto is to lay low and keep their head on the subcontinent issues.
This implies we are going to fall under the same events of OTL. Considering what has occurred this is unlikely.
If China acts too callously for our own taste, we disengage and refuse to give them support on that specific crisis.
This is going to be difficult if we go to deep into the Chinese camp. Keeping them distant would be the best if we ever need to pull out.

I'd rather not be in the pro-Chinese camp... hell look at America right now with these corporations trying to appease China for it's money...

Honestly considering the changes I already did I can see Russia become a major player in East Asia with Korea and Japan since we are going to have a minority of their people living on our land. I do plan of increasing Russian migration/temporary work to Japan whenever I get to write another turn so there is that.

It is best to act like the old time Brits and try to play the Chinese and the Americans against each other. Never dip too deep in to one camp. A balance between pro Chinese and neutral.
We biding our time as we fatten ourselves up to point where the Russian Bear can awaken fully.

Last edited:
OTL BRICS is more hype than reality, BRICS+ is just pure nonsense, maybe is not the best idea to have India and China in the same bloc, but who knows the future.

Having a common platform where these powers and other rising powers can come together is always a plus. Regarding Sino-Indian relations? They are not friendly and they have their differences but so do various other countries across the world yet that isn't the reason not to come together and work on the issues that concern both sides.

Regardless of India's problem with China it also doesn't seek to fully ally with the West, nor to mantain Western led world order, which is all what BRICS is about. To create viable alternative to the Western led International System. People might dub them as dysfunctional but that's normal for such diverse group and at the end of the day even if they are slow they do gradually deliver results and its a good platform to facilitate multilateral ties without Western interferance.
India doesn't want an ally, they want to buy some military equipment, that's it. They won't hold our back like China will if push comes to shove.

BRICS is the perfect vessel for accomodating our very good relationship with India and our growing strategic partnership with China at the same time as we act as mediators between China and India.
I agree here, well opposed to the Mediation as in active Mediation. In those cases one side will always be displeased about us backing the other side. Maintaining good relations with both powers without any exclusive commitment to their shared dispute is a good way forward, (expect when providing shared platform and contact line in case of the tensions). But India and China manage their issues quite well despite occasional crashes.

I would say that reverse is possible as Eagle tends to poke the Dragon. But regardless the current approach China uses is good enough. We should just draw a line that we agree with China on the core issues like One China principle, or our sphere of Influence and work on common goals like multipolar world order, dedolarization, opposing the West on International issues when it suits us etc. But we shouldn't actively back them, opposed to just continuing trade and providing diplomatic support, similarly how China does with Russia today.

Didn't expect Luka to be the next president of the Union State o_O

1) A
2) A
3) ban abortion (with exceptions for rape, incest, and life of the mother), restrict contraception, give major tax breaks for having children, in general what @Art Vandelay said

Re: Fallout and post-apo discusssion, I can totally see an Alt-Fallout rising out of the Union state, maybe the Metro series getting a video game early on

State of Union Automotive Industry in the 2000s
State of Union Automotive Industry in the 2000s

At the Dawn of new Millennium Russian, later Union Automotive industry was booming. Following the Collapse of USSR and subsequent reforms production increased from 1.8 mil in RSFSR to little over 2 mil by the end of the 1990s.

This trend would continue well into first decade of 2000s, main driver being the fact that Macroeconomic trends were strong and growing incomes of the population led to a surging demand, other reason being Russian metal companies, having achieved significant profits on foreign markets, sought to invest in Russia's automotive sector, same going for other commodity oriented companies. By the 2000s the Union car market was booming, with domestic manufacturers keeping lion share of the the domestic market of 77% while other 23% were forgein manufacturers, on second hand by the end of the decade forgein branded cars managed to capture 50% of Unions domestic market with domestic brands holding other 50% . Similar percentages were reflected in EEU, CIS economic space with Russian brands remaining competitive with outside competitors within EEU and CIS economic space, increased demand being driven by steady rise in living standards across member state's. Besides Domestic market, EEU/CIS market EU also appeared as a significant market for Union products. Main driver behind home manufacturing were cheap energy prices together with supportive government policies like establishment of SEZ over the territory of the Union.

Its important to note that not all production was done in Union State itself, in fact due to Ukraines membership in EEU and CIS economic space which resulted with less restrictions placed within said the economic space opposed to restrictions placed for outside states, paired with already existing manufacturing capacities from Soviet period of 200k units of all types, cheaper labor and good knowledge of Russian language significant number of companies belonging to Union Automotive industry decided to output some of their production to Ukraine so that by the end of the decade some 281,668 units were produced in Ukraine from which 78,455 were exported to Union State. In fact Russian brands accounted for around 2/3rds of the units produced in Ukraine.

Back to the Union states and some significant companies there. Major companies in the Union State are big three car makers which are AvtoVAZ (Lada), AZLK (Moskvitch) and GAZ (Volga) which make a bulk of Automotive industry within Union state, EEU/CIS and are main exporters of said industry.

These are some of the following new brands that were launched by above mentioned companies.

Lada Kalina launched in 2000

Lada_Kalina_in_Geneva_2005.jpg

Lada Priora

Lada_2170_Priora.jpg

Volga Siber

Volga_Siber_front_Moscow_autoshow_2008_26_08.jpg

Then following governments push for electric cars and subsequent financial help we also saw a push to produce electric cars like LADA Ellada

El_Lada_wagon_on_MIAS_2012.JPG

Which is seeing growing popularity in Union Market.

Besides Union big three we also have Ural Automotor Factory , or in short UAMZ. In May 2004, UAMZ and India's Tata Motors entered into a contract to build TATA trucks at the factory. Together, they co-produced two models of Tata 407 and Tata LPT 613 branded as UAMZ-4346. The partners went on ti signa 3-year contract, with the release of up to 5,000 trucks per year. In 2007, UMAZ drafted plans to establishing a joint production with China's Geely Automobile, to produce models of Geely CK and the Chinese company Great Wall Motors for the production of SUVs ZXAuto Landmark; production trials began in May 2007.

By the end of the decade Union State has almost doubled its production and went from producing 2,055,600 units at the end of the 90s to producing 4,023,837 units of all kinds in 2010 rising from 10th place at the beginning of the millennium to 6th place being behind China, USA, Japan, Germany and S.Korea respectively.

So @panpiotr here's coming overview of automotive industry for coming 10 years that takes into the account economic boom that will happen. It should be okay short of us messing things massively (if that happens ill edit the update). I also added a little bit on Ukraine and as we can see they are doing fine for themselves managing to double their capacities from Soviet times to 420k with our brands holding 2/3rd of the production.

Last edited:
By the 2000s the Union car market was booming, with domestic manufacturers keeping lion share of the the domestic market of 87% while other 13% were forgein manufacturers and here due to protectionist policies and good marketing domestic brands were enjoying steady advantage
Great work and thanks for the chapter, but the proportions here should be 50 - 50. The West, and Germany especially invested in Russia billions of dollars, so in exchange we had to open our markets, including the automotive. Given all circumstances 50-50 split should be included, so please include that :)

Last edited:
Great work and thanks for the chapter, but the proportions here should be 50 - 50. The West, and Germany especially invested in Russia billions of dollars, so in exchange we had to open our markets, including the automotive. Given all circumstances 50-50 split should be included, so please include that :)

That true, but there's a difference between brands and manufacturers. While we did open our market we also did a lot to attract forgein brands to produce their cars in Russia/Union State. So at the end of the day while forgein branded cars could hold 50% precent of Market share most of these should still be produced in Union State as what had gone for Russia in otl (cheaper energy and workforce) should go for Union State ITTL.

So i would still say that we hold 77% precent of manufacturing with forgein brands getting 50% of market share.

Last edited:

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
The Orthodox Church is our ally, but the state calls all the shots

I would argue focusing on taking migrants from countries such as China, Vietnam, Laos, India, Philippines, as they are very industrious people. I would completely avoid taking any migrants or refugees from the Middle East and Africa, though.
Well, this is a nasty bit of Broad Brushing .

Cease and desist.

That true, but there's a difference between brands and manufacturers. While we did open our market we also did a lot to attract forgein brands to produce their cars in Russia/Union State. So at the end of the day while forgein branded cars could hold 50% precent of Market share most of these should still be produced in Union State as what had gone for Russia in otl (cheaper energy and workforce) should go for Union State ITTL.

So i would still say that we hold 77% precent of manufacturing with forgein brands getting 50% of market share.
Of course, no problem