Surviving Indonesian aristocratic states

In reading about the Indonesian National Revolution, it's interesting to hear that there were all sorts of local sultans, rajas, chiefs, uleëbalangs, and other aristocrats who had collaborated with and benefited from Dutch rule (and then the Japanese occupation). They were largely swept away and massacred in the social revolutions that ensued, such as in East Sumatra. My question is, could the revolution have gone differently, in an even more disjointed matter- not that OTL wasn't already confusing, it's a large archipelago after all- which led to surviving aristocratic enclaves not being eliminated by republican or other forces? Maybe under Dutch rule or protection. Or from a social standpoint is this just not feasible?

This is interesting to me particularly because this is another case where there was a native collaborator class that has been more or less obliterated by history, much like the Indian princely states. Guess the likelihood of these elites surviving is unlikely given that everyone else except the retreating colonizers basically despises them. Were any of them actually popular by WWII? I wonder if there are any other decolonization examples of native rulers who were overthrown besides in Indonesia and in India.

Well there is still a monarchy on the Island of Borneo, in the shape of Brunei.

That was a British, not Dutch colony, and Malaysia, a separate former British colony, is also a monarchy that has sub-national monarchies. Hm maybe that’s an example of native monarchies that did survive to the modern day. But it's also a case by case basis because sometimes these "colonies" were more like protectorates that were fairly autonomous (as in the case of the Himalayan kingdoms). Different from the colonizer going in and exploiting a country's resources and its people with the consent of the local rulers. And my focus was on Indonesia anyway.

Well there is still a monarchy on the Island of Borneo, in the shape of Brunei.

Brunei is independent nation.

But in Indonesia is Sultanate of Yoguyakarta (not sure if I wrote that correctly) on island of Java.

But not really sure if several submonarchies of Indonesia could survive.

Yogyakarta is still a monarchy, in large part due to its contribution to the independence movement. It's not improbable that the central government would grant special region status to more kingdoms. In fact, Sunakarta was granted that too until an anti-monarchist uprising broke out there, after which it lost that status and was absorbed into the neighbouring province.