USSR survives: what happens to East Germany?

1. OP said they pull China like reform. Means market economy under Communist party. My point was just defining structure of economy. Soviet economy won't be exporting machine like OTL China and East Asians.
2. I don't think Soviets would implement shock therapy, it certainly would lead to Collapse of Soviet Union. Maybe they would do it gradually like China, starting on small region or in some sector.
For example they could privatize agriculture sector to peasants first (more like NEP). Then start privatize other industries in Saint-Petersburg/Kalinningrad to workers?
3. There was many country with single party system and successful market economy. So just shifting to market economy doesn't lead to loss of Communist power.
Can Soviets maintain market economy under Communist Party for long term? I don't think so, same for OTL PRC too. They need to find solution to its political structure, but that is another question to another thread.

1. I have a hard time envisioning how this occurs. One of the benefits of an export driven reform structure is that the new firms that emerge dont have to compete with the existing firms. For example, if I was the state run steel company in China, I didnt have to necessarily worry about a private upstart who focuses on exports. If I have to worry about an upstart, then issues emerge in the power base. If you see a different path, please elaborate.

3. By definition it has to result in some loss of power somewhere. A state run company loses business to an upstart means a party member at the state run entity has an issue. That party official might be losing power to another party official but it creates tension nonetheless. Most of the single party states that built market economies were either export focused or building industries from scratch. South Korea comes to mind. Not sure how it has worked in Vietnam thus far although that might be interesting.

Your points are interesting but I would like to hear them fleshed out in greater detail.